Uppgefið verð er miðað við grunnútgáfu. Endanlegt verð ræðst af völdum aukahlutum og gengi við greiðslu.
The Tomcat Tiger is designed specifically for young children or those with a restricted growth condition to pedal easily and comfortably, either independently or under supervision. The Tiger's purposefully narrow pedal spacing provides the perfect leg span for a small pelvis, promoting natural, geometric support for hips, legs and knees, usually without the need for calipers.
On the Tiger trike, steering, braking and drive mechanisms are all enclosed within the frame, making them service and maintenance free for life. Unlike other disability trikes or mainstream products, the Tiger looks great, encourages correct posture and can be optimised to assist all abilities.
- Suitable for small children from 18 months to 4 years old or those with growth conditions such as acondroplasia
- Available in two sizes, small (12" wheels) and large (14" wheels)
- Narrow pedal span to suit a small child's pelvis
- Saddle profile, ideally suited to a child's pelvis
- Geometrically deigned to create the best posture for healthy development
- Smooth, silent and friction free belt drive
- All Steering, Braking and Drive mechanisms enclosed within the frame
- Totally maintenance free design
- Fully adjustable handlebars
- Right or Left positioned rider brake
- Full Carer Control (Full steering, braking and speed control by the carer)
- Carer braking (Emergency Braking by the carer when needed)
- Open or Strapped Footshoe's or Footshoe's with Callipers, for foot and leg support
- Lap Strap and/or Pommel for pelvic support
- Security Backrest (low support), upholstered backrest (high support), waist strap, and or side lateral pads for trunk and spinal support
- Waist Strap, and/or haenss for thoracic or waist support
- Headrest or headrest for wings, for head and neck support
- Mitts for hands support
- Bottle carrier
- Rear basket with Quick Release Carrier
The Tiger is among the smallest special needs trikes on the market. Created specifically for young children, its design supports a natural posture making it the perfect therapy tool for growing bodies.
To do this we invented a brand new crank and pedal system. No suitable part exists in the marketplace for such young people, so we needed to build a smaller component, allowing for narrower pelvises. This unique bit of kit aligns children’s legs in the correct position, avoiding the pitfalls of wider, mass market pedal systems which force the feet apart and create other postural problems.
Our solution moves away from the traditional design, encasing the mechanism inside a smart central unit. This protects the components making the Tiger very reliable and maintenance free.
This central unit also supports our Carer Control™ or Carer Braking™ system which allows a parent or supervisor to both steer and brake if required. The control handle and carer strap brake can be installed and removed in moments, offering independence and supervision.
As with all our trikes, the Tiger will be manufactured and fitted to your child’s specific requirements – both in terms of size and ability.
Despite these unique innovations, the Tomcat Tiger looks like a regular trike, giving children an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors just like everyone else.
Kynntu þér Tomcat Tiger betur hér: https://tomcatuk.org/disability-bikes-children/tomcat-tiger-trike/